Restless Legs Syndrome treatment in Ridgeland,MS
Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) is a nervous system disorder which creates a strong desire to make a leg movement. Since it usually happens at night time, it is also a type of sleep disorder.
RLS causes unpleasant or uncomfortable sensations in the legs and an irresistible urge to move them. Signs of restless legs syndrome are worse during inactivity or rest. Few symptoms include:
- Some unfamiliar itching, tingling or crawling feeling in the legs which may also happen in the arms
- A forceful strong desire to move the limbs/legs to get rid of the feeling
- Restlessness, pacing the floor, turning and tossing on the bed, rubbing each leg
90% of the People those who are suffering from RLS also have periodic limb movement syndrome.
Till date, even doctors fail to find the right cause for RLS but they suspect the genes which play a vital role. As per the study, there are almost 50% of the people suffering from RLS have inherited it from their family.
Other factors associated with RLS are:
- Few diseases like iron deficiency, Parkinson’s disease, kidney failure, diabetes, and peripheral neuropathy might affect you with RLS. Proper treatments for these diseases will give you the best relief.
- Some medicines like antidepressants, cold and allergy medications containing sedating anti-histamines also make you suffer from RLS.
- Some women during pregnancy experience RLS usually at their third trimester. This will be relieved after delivery.
Even high consumption of alcohol and sleeplessness worsen the restless leg syndrome. In this case, it is advised to quit alcohol and improve your sleep hygiene which helps in fighting RLS.
Finding the right medicine for restless leg syndrome can be challenging. You can be one of the individuals who has tried self-help, changes in lifestyle, and alternative medicine without success. Many individuals go the medication route in guidance with their doctors. Despite the fact that there is no particular medication that has been developed, you may also have to take a trial and error strategy treatment for this syndrome.